1. Home
  2. News
  3. Thunder, Komen Kansas Bring Back Pink at the Rink

Thunder, Komen Kansas Bring Back Pink at the Rink

Monday, February 1st
Thunder, Komen Kansas Bring Back Pink at the Rink

Wichita, KS (October 25th) - The Wichita Thunder, proud member of the ECHL and powered by Toyota, are excited to be partnering with Susan G. Komen, Kansas Affiliate to bring back Pink at the Rink this Friday night when the Colorado Eagles come to town.

The team will be wearing these special Pink at the Rink uniforms that will be auctioned off during the game as a part of a silent auction. There will be a special puck drop from a former season ticket holder who has survived breast cancer as well as a survivor walk during first intermission. Pink at the Rink has been made possible by RA Ruud and Son and Machinist Union Local Lodge 839.

Fans will also have a chance to paint a special message on the ice this Wednesday night at the arena. The painting party will go from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at INTRUST Bank Arena. Non-season ticket holders can purchase a special package that includes a ticket and a small donation to the charity for just $40. Season ticket holders can make a small donation of $25 to participate. All interested parties must contact the Thunder office Wednesday by 5 p.m. to take part in this event. All donations will help benefit Komen Kansas.

"Komen Kansas is extremely fortunate and grateful for the opportunity to partner with the Wichita Thunder for this year's Pink at the Rink Night, " commented Jeremy Mock, Business Development and Event Manager for Komen Kansas. "It is an opportunity for us to raise funds as well as continued awareness to a group of people that we might not be able to traditionally reach. The majority of funds raised through this event will stay right here in Kansas through our local competitive grant program. 75% of all money raised by Komen Kansas stays here in our area for grant funding to local hospitals and community. organizations that provide breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The other 25% goes to find cures through our Komen National Research Grants."

Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 855-755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com.

Season tickets are on sale now. Don't delay! Call the Wichita Thunder office and visit with a season ticket rep today to learn more. Stay up-to-date on all the news during the season by visiting www.wichitathunder.com.

Follow along with us on our social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter (@wichita_thunder), Snapchat (wichthunder), Instagram (Wichita_Thunder) and LinkedIn, presented by Wichita Brewing Company.

About the ECHL

The ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams in four states and has grown into a coast-to-coast league with 28 teams in 20 states and one Canadian province for its 27th season in 2014-15. There have been 541 players who have started their career in the ECHL have gone on to play in the National Hockey League, including 29 who made their NHL debuts in the 2013-14 season. The ECHL had affiliations with 26 of the 30 NHL teams in 2013-14, marking the 17th consecutive season that the league had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL. Further information on the ECHL is available on its website at ECHL.com, as well as on Twitter and Facebook.